Sunday, March 28, 2010

Empathy for the Lost Boys


My collage uses creativity, because the piece in the center, the part with the Sudanese flag on it, is in the shape of Sudan, but the edges have been covered with pictures. I thought that this was creative because, not many of the collages have the shape of Sudan. Also, i think it was sort of creative to, at the bottom, to add how you can donate to the the Lost Boys.
I used pictures that clearly depicted the lives of the Lost Boys and how, even though they've suffered, they still have hope that there is something better to look forward to. The pictures are a good representation of the Lost Boys' lives, because some pictures are children alone, but one picture is of Lost Boys dancing, because they have hope, and they can celebrate their culture.
I reasoned critically when choosing images, because there were some pictures that were good, but I couldn't fit them onto my collage.
I think that my collage creates awareness and I was able to communicate effectively for the boys because there are some pictures representing different societies and charities that help the lost boys, like the Red Cross/Red Crescent/Red Chrystal, and there is a piece of paper at the bottom of the collage giving a website that you can go to to donate to the Lost Boys of Sudan. There are pictures for other charities and how they are trying to rebuild Sudan.
By making this collage I was able to live ethically because I was raising awareness about the cause of the Lost Boys.
I think that my collage may create empathy or evoke an emotional response from my viewers because there are some emotional pictures on the collage. It can make you feel hopeful, it can make you feel like you want to help, because it shows different charities. Also, there are some sad pictures of children and how people are surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment