Thursday, April 15, 2010

Essay Reflections


My writing can demonstrate appropriate ideas and content because it's always on topic and I don't often stray away from the topic, but sometimes I lack in detail. In almost everything I've written, I've been told that I need more detail. I could better improve my writing by giving more details. My writing can have good organization because I keep things in order and I'm able to stay on the task that I've been given, but there's always room for improvement. I can demonstrate more organization by setting up a basic plan before writing, so that I can be sure that I know what I want to write.
I think that I did better in the Julius Caesar essay than in the Alchemist essay, because I had gotten bored with the Alchemist, so I don't think I really cared how the organization was, and also, with Julius Caesar, I had a well thought out plan that I could build from and I had better word choice and had better voice. I think that for my writing I use the SLR "Think Creatively" because you need to be able to think creatively in order to come up with things to write. You need to be able to have creative thoughts to keep your reader interested and to keep yourself interested. I feel that I still need to improve my writing skills, and I need to add as many details as I can, but it can be difficult to write especially if you haven't prepared, which usually I don't do. That's one thing I can try to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment